Please read our terms of service carefully before using our website.
Your access to and use of any Deaf411 website (“the website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms of Service. You will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service. By using the website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms of Service you must immediately stop using the website. We reserve the right to change the website and these Terms of Service from time to time without notice to you, and your continued use of the website indicates your continued acceptance of the Terms of Service as modified.
Acceptance of Terms of Service and amendments
Deaf411 website services
The website and the services provided to you, on and via the website, are provided on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that Deaf411 reserves the right to modify or discontinue provision of the website and its services, and to remove the data you provide, either temporarily or permanently, at any time, without notice and without any liability towards you, Deaf411 will not be held responsible or liable for timeliness, removal of information, failure to store information, inaccuracy of information, or improper delivery of information.
Your responsibilities and registration obligations
In order to use the website or certain parts of it, you may be required to register or sign up on the website; in this case, you agree to provide truthful information when requested, and - if a minimum age is required for eligibility for access or account - you state that you are at least the required age. By registering or signing up, you explicitly agree to this site's Terms of Service, including any amendments made by Deaf411 that are published herein.
You are responsible for all usage of your account and/or user name or email address, whether authorized or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Deaf411 of any unauthorized use of your user account, user name or password.
You agree that all information or data of any kind, whether text, software, code, music or sound, photographs or graphics, video or other materials ("content"), made available publicly or privately, will be under the sole responsibility of the person providing the said content, or of the person whose user account is used. You agree that the website may expose you to content that may be objectionable or offensive. Deaf411 will not be responsible to you in any way for content displayed on the website, nor for any error or omission.
By using the website or any service provided, you explicitly agree that:
1. you will not provide any content or conduct yourself in any way that may be construed as: unlawful; illegal; threatening; harmful; abusive; harassing; stalking; tortious; defamatory; libelous; vulgar; obscene; offensive; objectionable; pornographic; designed to interfere with or disrupt the operation of the website or any service provided; infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine; giving rise to civil or criminal liability; or in violation of an applicable local, national or international law;
2. you will not impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity; you will not forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any content provided by you;
3. you will not collect or harvest any information about other users;
4. you will not provide, and you will not use the website to provide, any content or service in any commercial manner, or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising or commerce; you will not use the website to promote or operate any service or content without Deaf411's prior written consent;
5. you will not provide any content that may give rise to Deaf411 being held civilly or criminally liable, or that may be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including -- but not limited to -- laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets.
Submission of content on the website
By providing any content to the website:
1. you agree to grant Deaf411 a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights.) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology already known at the time of provision or developed subsequently;
2. you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant Deaf411 the license specified in this section 7;
3. you acknowledge and agree that Deaf411 will have the right (but not obligation), at Deaf411's entire discretion, to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
The website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or may be made available on or through the website. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties will be governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. Deaf411 will not in any manner be liable for or responsible for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Deaf411 and Deaf411's representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders, from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, that may be filed by any third party, arising out of your conduct or connection with the website or service, your provision of content, your violation of these Terms of Service, or any other violation by you of the rights of another person or party.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OF ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE "SERVICE") IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS", AND DEAF411 EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
DEAF411 MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR OF ANY QUALITY, NOR IS IT WARRANTED EITHER IMPLICITLY OR EXPRESSLY THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER DEAF411 NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT ANY ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED VIA THE WEBSITE MAY BE USED SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT DEAF411 WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN ANY WAY.
Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties, and certain statements in the above disclaimer may not apply to you as regards implied warranties; the other Terms of Service remain enforceable notwithstanding.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SITE EDITOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES; THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF DEAF411 HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM (I) THE USE OF SERVICES OR THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES, (II) THE COST OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH SERVICES, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY USING SERVICES, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO SERVICES.
In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and, therefore, such limitations may not apply to you.
Reservation of rights
Deaf411 reserves all of Deaf411's rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that Deaf411 may have in respect of the website, its content, and goods and services that may be provided. All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the website and its content (including without limitation the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website(s) are owned by or licensed to Deaf411 or otherwise used by Deaf411 as permitted by law. The use of Deaf411's rights and property requires Deaf411's prior written consent. By making services available to you, Deaf411 is not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights, and you will have no rights to make any commercial use of the website or provided services without Deaf411's prior written consent.
In accessing the website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
Notification of copyright infringement
If you believe that your property has been used in any way that could be considered a copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, Deaf411's copyright agent may be contacted via:
* e-mail to the site administrator
You agree that these Terms of Service and any dispute arising out of your use of the website or products or services provided will be governed by and construed in accordance with local laws applicable at Deaf411's domicile, notwithstanding any differences between the said applicable legislation and legislation in force at your location. By registering or signing up on the website, or by using the website and the services it provides, you accept that jurisdiction is granted to the courts having jurisdiction over Deaf411's domicile, and that any disputes will be heard by the said courts.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
1. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed to conflict with legislation by a court with jurisdiction over the parties, the said provision will be interpreted to reflect the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will remain valid and applicable;
2. The failure of either party to assert any right under these Terms of Service will not be considered to be a waiver of that party's right, and the said right will remain in full force and effect;
3. You agree that any claim or cause in respect of the website or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose, or the said claim or cause will be forever barred, without regard to any contrary legislation;
4. Deaf411 may assign Deaf411's rights and obligations under these Terms of Service; in this event, Deaf411 will be relieved of any further obligation.